Tomato Salsa Verde
This Italian-style fresh tomato-and-herb sauce, not to be confused with spicy Mexican salsa, is a nice alternative to a rich pan sauce. Although it's the perfect partner for Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Porcini Mushrooms, it works well with any roasted pork, chicken or grilled steak. For the best flavor and texture, serve it shortly after it's made.
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons packed chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place anchovies, garlic, parsley, celery leaves and basil in a food processor. Add oil and vinegar; pulse until blended. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 73 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 94 mg sodium; 74 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory