Roasted Cherry Tomato & Sage Sauce
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
There are endless ways to use this sage-flecked roasted cherry tomato sauce recipe: serve with baked fish, spread it on a panini or simply toss it with whole-wheat pasta for an instant, quick and flavorful dinner.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, sage, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a 9-by-13-inch metal pan. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the tomatoes and onion are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lightly mash the tomatoes to release their juices. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; reheat before using.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 93 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 200 mg sodium; 278 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value), Vitamin A (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013