Roasted Cherry Tomato & Sage Sauce
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
There are endless ways to use this sage-flecked roasted cherry tomato sauce recipe: serve with baked fish, spread it on a panini or simply toss it with whole-wheat pasta for an instant, quick and flavorful dinner.
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, sage, 1 tablespoon oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a 9-by-13-inch metal pan. Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the tomatoes and onion are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Lightly mash the tomatoes to release their juices. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; reheat before using.
Per 1/2-cup serving: 93 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 200 mg sodium; 278 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value), Vitamin A (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2013