From EatingWell: EatingWell Fast & Flavorful Meatless Meals (2011)
This simple relish of chopped tomato, red onion, Kalamata olives, fragrant with fresh basil and garlic, makes an excellent spread for sandwiches. Fold leftovers into an omelet or toss with whole-grain pasta and some Parmesan cheese.
- 1 small tomato, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine tomato, onion, olives, basil, garlic, vinegar and pepper in a small bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
Per 1/4-cup serving: 37 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 96 mg sodium; 104 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: Free food
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)