A great use for leftover tomato paste. Grilled bread topped with this tangy mixture is a great accompaniment to a steaming bowl of soup.
- 1/2 1-pound loaf Italian, or French bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat grill. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half.
- Combine parsley, oil, yogurt, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toast the bread on the grill, cut-side down. Spread with the tomato-garlic mixture and serve warm.
Per serving: 170 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique