A great use for leftover tomato paste. Grilled bread topped with this tangy mixture is a great accompaniment to a steaming bowl of soup.
- 1/2 1-pound loaf Italian, or French bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat grill. Cut bread in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half.
- Combine parsley, oil, yogurt, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toast the bread on the grill, cut-side down. Spread with the tomato-garlic mixture and serve warm.
Per serving: 170 calories; 4 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 5 g fiber; 334 mg sodium; 13 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation