I have never had Farro. I found a locally harvested Emmer Farro, but it took about an hour to cook. Love the slightly chewy texture of this grain! Very easy to cook. I used ALL that beautiful bacon fat to saute the shallot. I will add some mozzarella the next time and share it at my next gathering. Super easy and tasty!!
Bacon, Tomato & Farro Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2013
We love farro, a high-fiber whole grain, because it cooks in about 15 minutes and has an amazing toothsome texture perfect for grain salads. In this healthy farro salad recipe we combine it with smoky bacon, sweet cherry tomatoes and fresh basil for an easy side dish or light lunch. Look for farro at natural-foods stores and gourmet food markets.
2 Reviews for Bacon, Tomato & Farro Salad
Brought home most of the ingredients from the Farmers Market and made for lunch on Saturday! It is already warm here in FL, so a great summer treat. Since the healthy food store was not open, I substituted small, thick fresh pasta, which also sped up the prep time. Did not use all of the bacon grease for cooking the shallots, either.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)