I love this recipe! It is really easy to make and very healthy (but you have to watch to not have too much olive oil). I like to have this as a mid day snack. I varied this recipe for one using one plum tomato, quarted and a slice of mozzarella, cubed. I use half a top full of EVO with three leaves of the basil. It's not skewered but the results are just the same, delicious! It's just the right snack that has the fresh taste of the basil and tomato with the savory and creamy cheese to get you the healthy boost you need before lunch.
From EatingWell: December 2005/January 2006
Skewering mozzarella balls and cherry tomatoes makes them easy to nosh at a party.
3 Reviews for Tomato-Basil Skewers
These are quick and easy to make and are a delicious appetizer. I love caprese salad and this portable version is just as good. It took me a couple of tries to get the salt and pepper amounts perfected, but I'm definitely keeping this on hand for our next get together.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)