I wasn't sure I'd like this but decided to give it a shot, following the recipe exactly. I was very impressed. I loved the combination of flavors and thought the description fit exactly. This is perfect for hot summer nights. My only complaints were that the ingredients were a bit pricy and I'm slow in the kitchen and don't own a food processor (used my blender instead). It took me nearly two hours to chop and blend everything and most of that time was spent chopping.
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
This tomatillo-based gazpacho is gorgeously green with a tart flavor that complements the sweet shrimp and salty olives. Make this meatless by substituting ricotta salata or feta for the shrimp. Serve with: Cheese quesadillas.
5 Reviews for Tomatillo Gazpacho
Loved this recipe! Have made a few times. Is great on a really hot day.
I have to disagree with the other comment so far. I thought the dish was fantastic.
The flavors didn't blend in together at all, I couldn't have more than one spoon and had to trash the whole thing !
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)