This was an easy and tasty weekday dinner. I don't like the tofu that's available locally so I swapped in some quartered fingerling potatoes and bok choi for the spinach; I think tempeh would also stand in nicely for the tofu.
Tofu with Peanut-Ginger Sauce
Tofu and vegetables get a dramatic lift from a spicy peanut sauce. Serve with a cucumber salad for a low-calorie, nutrient-packed vegetarian supper.
26 Reviews for Tofu with Peanut-Ginger Sauce
Really enjoyed this dish, I was afraid at first that there wouldn't be enough sauce but definitely was not the problem! I omitted the spinach because I'm not a fan and added chicken breast cut up into small pieces and yellow onion sliced which was amazing. Also added 2 habenero peppers since my husband and I love spicy foods, I would imagine it's not very spicy on it's own. I followed someone elses recommendation and added more ginger (about a tsp) and TONS more garlic as I love garlic too and it turned out perfect! Served over brown rice, this meal was wonderful!
The peanut sauce is very tasty and is perfect with the tofu. It's quick and easy. I didn't have any scallions when I cooked it, but it was fine without it. Along with the spinach, I added onions and it was great. The recipe was also fine with ginger powder. The only thing that people may want is a sauce that's less thick in consistency, in which case you could add more of the ingredients of the sauce? I thought it was just fine though. It was my first time making it and I want to make it again!
Made this with leftover pork loin and served it over whole grain couscous.
The sauce is awesome, I wish for a collection of sauce recipes like this one.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)