From EatingWell: Summer 2003
Replacing some of the oil used to make pesto with silken tofu yields a thick and creamy texture—and less fat.
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place basil, tofu, pine nuts, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Add Parmesan and pulse until combined.
Per tablespoon: 40 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 0 g fiber; 60 mg sodium; 35 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Summer 2003
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)