Roasted Tofu & Peanut Noodle Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
Top this vegetarian noodle salad recipe, which is tossed with loads of veggies and ample peanut sauce, with chopped roasted peanuts for added crunch and protein.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced trimmed snow peas
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Put a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Stir in tofu; marinate, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to the prepared baking sheet; reserve the marinade. Roast the tofu, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Whisk peanut butter, 3 tablespoons water, garlic and ginger into the reserved marinade. Add the spaghetti, cabbage, bell pepper and snow peas; toss to coat. Top with the tofu.
Per serving: 423 calories; 21 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 8 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 321 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Vitamin A (46% dv), Calcium & Magnesium (26% dv), Iron (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 11/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 high-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013