Roasted Tofu & Peanut Noodle Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
Top this vegetarian noodle salad recipe, which is tossed with loads of veggies and ample peanut sauce, with chopped roasted peanuts for added crunch and protein.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced trimmed snow peas
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Put a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Stir in tofu; marinate, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to the prepared baking sheet; reserve the marinade. Roast the tofu, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Whisk peanut butter, 3 tablespoons water, garlic and ginger into the reserved marinade. Add the spaghetti, cabbage, bell pepper and snow peas; toss to coat. Top with the tofu.
Per serving: 423 calories; 21 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 8 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 321 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Vitamin A (46% dv), Calcium & Magnesium (26% dv), Iron (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 11/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 high-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- July/August 2013