Roasted Tofu & Peanut Noodle Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
Top this vegetarian noodle salad recipe, which is tossed with loads of veggies and ample peanut sauce, with chopped roasted peanuts for added crunch and protein.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced trimmed snow peas
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Put a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Stir in tofu; marinate, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to the prepared baking sheet; reserve the marinade. Roast the tofu, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Whisk peanut butter, 3 tablespoons water, garlic and ginger into the reserved marinade. Add the spaghetti, cabbage, bell pepper and snow peas; toss to coat. Top with the tofu.
Per serving: 423 calories; 21 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 8 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 321 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Vitamin A (46% dv), Calcium & Magnesium (26% dv), Iron (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 11/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 high-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2013