Roasted Tofu & Peanut Noodle Salad
From EatingWell: July/August 2013
Top this vegetarian noodle salad recipe, which is tossed with loads of veggies and ample peanut sauce, with chopped roasted peanuts for added crunch and protein.
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14- to 16-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced trimmed snow peas
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Put a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Stir in tofu; marinate, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tofu to the prepared baking sheet; reserve the marinade. Roast the tofu, stirring once halfway through, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Whisk peanut butter, 3 tablespoons water, garlic and ginger into the reserved marinade. Add the spaghetti, cabbage, bell pepper and snow peas; toss to coat. Top with the tofu.
Per serving: 423 calories; 21 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 8 g fiber; 546 mg sodium; 321 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (133% daily value), Vitamin A (46% dv), Calcium & Magnesium (26% dv), Iron (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 11/2 vegetable, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 high-fat meat, 2 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, soy
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2013