This was very tasty. I used Italian-flavored baked tofu. Warning: leftovers are gross.
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Instead of having a greasy, battered coating, the tofu “steaks” in our revamped Parmigiana are breaded and lightly pan-fried in just a small amount of oil then topped with part-skim mozzarella, fresh basil and your favorite marinara sauce. This Italian classic will please even those who are tofu-phobic.
32 Reviews for Tofu Parmigiana
This is easily one of my favorite EatingWell tofu recipes. It's a really nice diversion from the standard tofu and veggie stir-fries. Lots of flavor and very filling. Even my husband (who is not a huge fan of tofu) thought it was great. We will definitely be making this again!
Delicious, quick and easy! What more could you ask for?
I didn't have any Italian herbs pre-packed, so used Oregano, Basil and Rosemary. I also used much more than the recommended amount of the herbs, which made the tofu very tasty.
I added some salt and pepper, as well as the herbs to the mushroom and onions, to bring the flavours all the way through.
I didn't have any mozzarella, so instead used low-fat grated cheese.
As someone who is new to Tofu, I think I can quite easily say this is the dish to convert Tofu nay-sayer's. Will definitely make this again!
I pressed my tofu for a few hours for a meatier, firmer texture. Also used soy cheese and served over whole wheat pasta and a side salad. A keeper!
I made this with daiya (vegan) cheese and it was delish. Served it with a little angel hair and a spinach salad.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)