I used a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet rather than a nonstick skillet. The food didn't stick to the pan, but the tofu browned unevenly. The parts of the tofu that were more than just golden brown were hard and tough and had to be cut with a steak knife. My husband turned thumbs down on the tofu, but we both liked the sauce.
Tofu Cutlets Marsala
In this dish, tofu "cutlets" are dredged and sauteed as you would a chicken breast or fish fillet. Try the technique using any of your favorite pan sauces.
11 Reviews for Tofu Cutlets Marsala
I like tofu and cook with it often. This is one of the best tofu recipes I've ever made! So flavorful and satisfying. It could definitely work as a Thanksgiving main dish. It's not the quickest dish to make, but it's do-able on a weeknight, and so worth the time. This will be a regular dish in our house!
Made this for friends last night and we all loved it. The sauce would be great on anything and the tofu had a nice texture. This goes in my favorite pile.
I made this for Thanksgiving main dish as an alternative to meat for my daughter. It's fairly easy to prepare and was tasty and satisfying. I would make this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)