I thought this recipe would have been a lot better if I could get the initial tofu-trying part down. Instead of "frying", the cornstarch on my tofu just turned into this gelatinous goo. I left the tofu in the pan for far longer than recommended and couldn't get it to crust at all
Tofu & Broccoli Stir-Fry
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
We like broccoli best in this tofu stir-fry, but any mixture of vegetables you have on hand will work. One way to get great tofu texture without deep-frying is to toss the tofu in cornstarch before stir-frying. Let it cook for several minutes without stirring to help it develop a little crust. Serve with: Chinese egg noodles or rice noodles and a glass of Riesling.
27 Reviews for Tofu & Broccoli Stir-Fry
This dish is SO GOOD! I have made it several times and love it more each time! Definitely one of our staples! I wish I could find more amazing recipes like this!
This recipe has nice flavor, but I think next time I would cut the sugar down, and if there was some way to cut back on the cornstarch? I guess arrowroot? Otherwise it is a good recipe to work with. We enjoyed it with egg noodles!
An awesome stir-fry. Neither my husband or I are big fans of broccoli, but this recipe makes it delish.
SUBSTITUTIONS: I used pear juice instead of sherry, and rice noodles instead of egg noodles.
Haven't tried this yet but it sounds very good. Would like to point out that unless Chinese egg noodles aren't made with eggs, (I don't know), serving this stir fry on them would make this NON-VEGAN. I'm very surprised that your editor recommended using egg noodles for a vegan dish...
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)