This turned out pretty well. The only change I made was substituting shallots for the pearl onions because I didn't have any on hand. If I were to make this dish again I would make some changes. I would marinate the tofu overnight to give it some more flavor and eliminate the balsamic vinegar b/c it came across too strong for me. I'd also add some herbs d'provence to the sauce as it was a tad bland. With a few alterations this could be a meal I would make regularly.
Tofu au Vin for Two
From EatingWell: January/February 2010
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to love this meat-free twist on the classic French dish coq au vin (chicken and mushrooms simmered in a red-wine sauce). Serve with: Whole-wheat egg noodles and sautéed spinach.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)