I really loved this dish, at first I was a little bit skeptical because I never had quinoa before trying this meal. There were two things I did not have in my kitchen, canola oil nor rice vinegar. Even without them both, it was still great. Im so happy I've tried this dish!!! Plus, quinoa came out prefectly..
Toasted Quinoa Salad with Scallops & Snow Peas
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
This scallop-studded quinoa salad gets an exciting texture from crunchy snow peas, red bell pepper and scallions. Feel free to substitute shrimp or thin slices of chicken for the scallops.
38 Reviews for Toasted Quinoa Salad with Scallops & Snow Peas
I subbed in chicken and sugar snaps. I browned the chicken in another pan and once the quinoa was done toasting and the garlic was added, I added the chicken to boil with the water. Chicken turned out tender and the veggies were great. I wanted to add a sweet component to counteract the salty and added ~1/4 cup apricot jelly and it came out great.
It just tastes like mush, i prefer being fat!
I haven't made this yet because i didn't know whether to rinse the quinoa before or after toasting it. Another Eating Well recipe says to roast it first, then rinse it and add it to the water to cook. That makes sense when I think about it, because roasting wet quinoa would steam it first.
Easy to make and delicious weeknight meal. I used the same ingredients and followed the instructions, except to quickly sautee the snow peas as we don't want them to taste too raw. Came out great and still crunchy! My husband said I should make it again...
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)