Toasted Hazelnut Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur jazz up plain frozen yogurt in this quick dessert.
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Grind nuts and brown sugar in a mini food processor or blender, scraping down sides as necessary, until mixture forms a thick paste. Place in a mixing bowl and stir in liqueur.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the nut paste. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 195 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 292 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997