Toasted Hazelnut Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur jazz up plain frozen yogurt in this quick dessert.
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Grind nuts and brown sugar in a mini food processor or blender, scraping down sides as necessary, until mixture forms a thick paste. Place in a mixing bowl and stir in liqueur.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the nut paste. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 195 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 292 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- July/August 1997