Toasted Hazelnut Frozen Yogurt
From EatingWell: July/August 1997
Toasted hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur jazz up plain frozen yogurt in this quick dessert.
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 pint nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt,softened
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup, (optional)
- Grind nuts and brown sugar in a mini food processor or blender, scraping down sides as necessary, until mixture forms a thick paste. Place in a mixing bowl and stir in liqueur.
- Add frozen yogurt to the bowl. Use a potato masher to mix in the nut paste. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into 4 serving dishes and top with chocolate syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast chopped nuts: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 195 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 66 mg sodium; 292 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (18% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, frozen
- July/August 1997