i just made this tonite it was very easy to make and it taste good. my hubby is a picky eater and really liked this. well make again..
Tilapia Corn Chowder
From EatingWell: July/August 2007
This light soup is a great way to slip fresh corn (and tilapia, of course!) into your late-summer menu. Make it a meal: Enjoy with a mixed green salad and oyster crackers.
13 Reviews for Tilapia Corn Chowder
I just made this, it was EASY, and So good!! I don't feel like I'm eating a fattening chowder. It tastes light and delicious!
Fit Moms Fit Kids Club
During corn season, a great way to make this even tastier is to grate the corn off the cob with a regular box grater. I use 10 ears of corn- grate 6 and cut the kernels of the other 4.
The grated corn, produces "milk" that when added is more delicious than regular milk & adds more corn flavor.
I also boil down all the corn cobs afterward for stock for the next batch- freezes well and you don't need the chicken stock next time!
my entire family loved it and planning to make this recipe again and again
Served last night and it was a big hit with my family. I thought it would be too thin for a chowder b/c it doesn't have any thickening ingredient besides the potatoes (I add a little extra diced potatoes), but it was fine.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)