Thyme- & Sesame-Crusted Pacific Halibut
A speedy roast at high heat keeps the halibut moist and succulent, and the savory thyme-sesame-crust adds a distinctive finish. Serve with mashed potatoes and a steamed fresh vegetable of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Pacific halibut, or mahi-mahi, cut into 2 portions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sesame seeds and thyme in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just cooked through, 10 to 14 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 225 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 1 g fiber; 134 mg sodium; 573 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cooking for 2
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood