Thyme- & Sesame-Crusted Pacific Halibut
A speedy roast at high heat keeps the halibut moist and succulent, and the savory thyme-sesame-crust adds a distinctive finish. Serve with mashed potatoes and a steamed fresh vegetable of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Pacific halibut, or mahi-mahi, cut into 2 portions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sesame seeds and thyme in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just cooked through, 10 to 14 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 225 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 1 g fiber; 134 mg sodium; 573 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Cooking for 2
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique