Thyme- & Sesame-Crusted Pacific Halibut
A speedy roast at high heat keeps the halibut moist and succulent, and the savory thyme-sesame-crust adds a distinctive finish. Serve with mashed potatoes and a steamed fresh vegetable of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Pacific halibut, or mahi-mahi, cut into 2 portions
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sesame seeds and thyme in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just cooked through, 10 to 14 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Per serving: 225 calories; 12 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 36 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 25 g protein; 1 g fiber; 134 mg sodium; 573 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Cooking for 2
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood