Thyme- & Sesame-Crusted Halibut
Quickly roasting fish at high heat keeps it moist and succulent. The thyme-and-sesame crust gives this halibut a distinctive finish.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds halibut, or mahi-mahi, cut into 4 portions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1/2-2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt, or kosher salt
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix lemon juice, oil, garlic and pepper in a shallow glass dish. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool. Mix in thyme.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and coat evenly with the sesame seed mixture, covering the sides as well as the top. Transfer the fish to the prepared baking sheet and roast until just opaque in the center, 10 to 14 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 225 calories; 11 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 69 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 1 g fiber; 244 mg sodium; 655 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: 682 mg potassium (34% dv), 119 mg magnesium (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 4 1/2 very lean protein, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood