Thai Chile-Plum Glaze
From EatingWell: July/August 2014
Sriracha and fish sauce give this praiseworthy sauce recipe a spicy, complex flavor. Brush on chicken, pork, fish or shrimp while grilling to create a beautiful glaze or serve on the side as a dip.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup plum preserves
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in preserves; cook until dissolved and hot, about 2 minutes. Add sriracha; cook 30 seconds more. Remove from heat; add fish sauce.
Per serving: 70 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 12 g added sugars; 12 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 65 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Preparation/ Technique
- July/August 2014
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)