My husband and I loved this recipe. I only use 1/5 of the red pepper, I may have picked a really hot pepper by accident, but we only used a little bit and it was perfect. I put mine over salad greens and it was great. We will be making this again.
Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Basil & Cashews
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
This quick chicken stir-fry recipe is flavored with classic Thai ingredients: savory fish sauce balanced with tangy lime juice and plenty of fresh basil. Have all the ingredients prepared and ready to add to the wok before you turn on the heat. Serve with brown rice.
2 Reviews for Thai Chicken Stir-Fry with Basil & Cashews
This stir fry is really delicious, it just takes a bit longer than the 30 min estimate (maybe more like 45).
I made some changes (like so many cooks do). I like less heat and more veggies, so I substituted bell pepper for the red in the recipe and added in broccoli, all the scallions (not just 3) and doubled the zucchini. I used maple syrup instead of molasses for the sauce, which came out fabulously. With more veggies, I should have doubled up the sauce, but the amount actually wasn't too bad. This dish definitely had that signature Thai aroma and flavor. And the cashews are an added touch of genius.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)