Delicious recipe. I did have fish sauce on hand and I think it added a nice fullness to the dish's flavor. Not too spicy either. Family loved it.
Thai Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Spicy peanut sauce is the perfect match for these Thai-marinated grilled chicken strips.
9 Reviews for Thai Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
This is by far the best chicken satay and peanut sauce. We always triple the peanut sauce. A family favorite!!
This was an easy and pretty satisfying Thai chicken recipe. I liked the peanut sauce but the marinade could have been more flavorful. I added some fresh lemon grass to the marinade, just be sure to remove it before you cook and eat it.
I dwindled this down to about 200 calories per serving. Several ingredients in the peanut sauce are not necessary. I usually make a peanut sauce from shesimmers.com. It's her grandma's recipe, it's easy and for this, you can scale it way down, just enough for the chicken. Also, it tastes amazing!
This received a thumbs-up from everyone in the family. I served it with coconut rice (which my husband added some of the peanut sauce to) and a simple cucumber and radish salad. I didn't have any fish sauce in the house, so I omitted that, but don't really think it took too much away from the meal.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)