Thai Chicken Pizza
From EatingWell: May/June 2007
Serve this Thai twist on pizza as is or with optional toppings, such as thinly sliced basil, cilantro, chopped peanuts and/or crushed red pepper on the side.
- 20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, (see Shopping Tip)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface into a rough 16-inch oval. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake on the bottom rack until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk peanut butter, water, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic in a small bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, scallions and 1 tablespoon of the peanut sauce to the chicken; toss to combine.
- Remove the crust from the oven; spread evenly with the remaining peanut sauce. Top with the chicken mixture, then sprinkle with cheese. Return the pizza to the oven and bake on the bottom rack until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 11 to 13 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Shopping Tip: Look for balls of whole-wheat pizza dough, fresh or frozen, at your supermarket. Choose a brand without hydrogenated oils.
Per serving: 355 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 29 mg cholesterol; 42 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 20 g protein; 3 g fiber; 447 mg sodium; 151 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 high fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Super Bowl
- Everyday favorites
- May/June 2007