This is really tasty. I modified the recipe a bit by substituting half the avocado with some plain Greek yogurt to increase the protein content and also added some fresh ginger and flax and chia powder. Also made concentrated green tea with half the water which I added to a separate container shaken with a few ice cubes before dumping the lot into the blender. Didn't notice the call for honey for the longest time. Doesn't really need it IMO.
Good Green Tea Smoothie
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This green smoothie is packed with grapes, spinach, green tea and avocado. A touch of honey adds sweetness.
7 Reviews for Good Green Tea Smoothie
My first thaught was: IEEH it's green. But the taste is so much better than it looks like. You have to try it. I'm gonna make it for my boyfriend tomorrow.
This is a really refreshing smoothie. I used Macha blend green tea, and substituted the avocado with a soft/silken tofu and added mint leaves. Very good.
I have to say, this is really tasty. I add manuka honey to this to sweeten and sometimes replace grapes with a kiwi fruit (skin on) and some strawberries. You can add any other fruits if you wish. I find it hard to eat the ingredients separately so find the smoothie is the easiest way to get all I need in 1 drink. I put the green tea in the fridge for half an hour once the teabag has drained well to cool it down or you can add ice to the smoothie to cool it down.
Omg! This green tea smoothie was really yummy, I thought it was gonna taste weird, but it didn't, it was delious! My husdban & I love it. I also made it for my kids, but for them I added strawberries so it can look red, cause I know if is only green they were not gonna drink it. They love it too!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)