Good Green Tea Smoothie
From EatingWell: January/February 2012
This green smoothie is packed with grapes, spinach, green tea and avocado. A touch of honey adds sweetness.
- 3 cups frozen white grapes
- 2 packed cups baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed green tea (see Tip), cooled
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine grapes, spinach, green tea, avocado and honey in a blender; blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To brew strong green tea, use twice the amount of tea (or two tea bags), but do not oversteep. Green tea should be steeped for no longer than 3 minutes; oversteeping will give the tea a bitter taste.
Per serving: 345 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 10 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 56 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 9 g fiber; 36 mg sodium; 1110 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (72% daily value), Vitamin A (63% dv), Folate (36% dv), Potassium (32% dv), Calcium (23% dv), Magnesium (18% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3
Exchanges: 3 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Beverages, smoothies
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- January/February 2012
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)