Lower in fat and higher in flavor than the bottled kind, this tartar sauce is well worth the 10 minutes it takes to make.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cornichon, or sour gherkin pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, cornichon (or sour gherkin pickle), shallots, anchovy, capers, tarragon and parsley in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 42 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique