Lower in fat and higher in flavor than the bottled kind, this tartar sauce is well worth the 10 minutes it takes to make.
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cornichon, or sour gherkin pickle, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 anchovy fillet, minced or 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, cornichon (or sour gherkin pickle), shallots, anchovy, capers, tarragon and parsley in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
Per tablespoon: 42 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 16 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory