Tarragon Tartar Sauce
EatingWell's version of the classic, this can accompany just about any sautéed, broiled or grilled fish.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in pickle, capers, parsley, tarragon and garlic.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The sauce will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per tablespoon: free food
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory