Tarragon Tartar Sauce
EatingWell's version of the classic, this can accompany just about any sautéed, broiled or grilled fish.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in pickle, capers, parsley, tarragon and garlic.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The sauce will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per tablespoon: free food
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique