Tarragon Tartar Sauce
EatingWell's version of the classic, this can accompany just about any sautéed, broiled or grilled fish.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in pickle, capers, parsley, tarragon and garlic.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: The sauce will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Per tablespoon: 22 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 71 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per tablespoon: free food
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory