From EatingWell: August/September 2005
The French flavor of tarragon inspires this pesto, which is wonderful stirred into a simple fish or chicken soup and brings a je ne sais quoi to chicken salad.
- 1 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves, (2 bunches)
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency, scraping down the sides occasionally.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Toasting hazelnuts: Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. After toasting, let hazelnuts cool for a few minutes, then rub together in a clean kitchen towel to release most of the papery skins.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 83 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 76 mg sodium; 93 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Making a satisfying, low-calorie dinner is easy with our one-...
It’s easy to make a healthy dinner recipe without dirtying...
Grab a box of your favorite whole-wheat linguine or penne...
Good news for people who eat breakfast—they tend to weigh...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
Cutlets—typically a thin slice of meat cut from the rib...
Whether you’re watching your finances or just trying to put a...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
There is no room for a roast that's anything less than...
Chocolate is such a rich and indulgent treat it almost seems...
Creamy blue cheese isn’t just for salads and dressing anymore...
Chopped, layered, pulsed or stirred, these easy dips are...
Ginger pairs well with soy sauce, chile peppers and garlic,...
Our healthy pumpkin dessert recipes are lighter twists on the...
A popular meat around the globe, lamb is raised and consumed...
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- August/September 2005