From EatingWell: August/September 2005
The French flavor of tarragon inspires this pesto, which is wonderful stirred into a simple fish or chicken soup and brings a je ne sais quoi to chicken salad.
- 1 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves, (2 bunches)
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency, scraping down the sides occasionally.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Toasting hazelnuts: Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. After toasting, let hazelnuts cool for a few minutes, then rub together in a clean kitchen towel to release most of the papery skins.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 83 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 76 mg sodium; 93 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- August/September 2005