From EatingWell: August/September 2005
The French flavor of tarragon inspires this pesto, which is wonderful stirred into a simple fish or chicken soup and brings a je ne sais quoi to chicken salad.
- 1 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves, (2 bunches)
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency, scraping down the sides occasionally.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Toasting hazelnuts: Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. After toasting, let hazelnuts cool for a few minutes, then rub together in a clean kitchen towel to release most of the papery skins.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 83 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 76 mg sodium; 93 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- August/September 2005