From EatingWell: August/September 2005
The French flavor of tarragon inspires this pesto, which is wonderful stirred into a simple fish or chicken soup and brings a je ne sais quoi to chicken salad.
- 1 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves, (2 bunches)
- 1 cup packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, (1-2 bunches)
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skinned (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency, scraping down the sides occasionally.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Toasting hazelnuts: Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned, 7 to 9 minutes. After toasting, let hazelnuts cool for a few minutes, then rub together in a clean kitchen towel to release most of the papery skins.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 83 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 76 mg sodium; 93 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- August/September 2005