We loved this (including the 3-yr-old). I think if I do it again though I will either roast the tofu or dry saute it. The grilling was flavorful, but didn't end up with the most perfect internal texture (in our family's opinion). Everyone loved the tofu and the yogurt. We served it with brown rice (excellent with the yogurt sauce mixed in) and topped with sliced scallions. Yum!
From EatingWell: May/June 2010
A tandoori-inspired spice rub and smokiness from the grill flavor these tofu “steaks.” While you’re there, grill some vegetables, too, to serve alongside. Serve with: Grilled eggplant and cherry tomato skewers and brown basmati rice.
12 Reviews for Tandoori Tofu
I just made this for dinner and it was a huge hit! The spiced oil on the tofu was mild, yet flavorful. Grilling the tofu added nice flavor as well. My meat eating husband, five year old, three year old, and 7 month old all gobbled it up. We ended up with a little too much yogurt sauce at the end. I may reduce the amount of yogurt next time. I served this with Tabouleh.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)