Suggest 30-40 minutes cooking time as ours were not cooked all the way through in 30. Other than that, we WILL be having this again! The flavors had great reviews from everyone, even my picky 6 yr old!
A highly seasoned yogurt marinade tenderizes these chicken thighs. Baking them at an extremely high temperature simulates a tandoori clay oven, creating a deliciously caramelized surface.
5 Reviews for Tandoori Chicken
I originally prepared the marinade as directed, but upon tasting it before I added the chicken, I found it bland. So I went back and added more if everything. While my family liked the chicken overall, the consensus was that it in no way resembled Tandoori chicken and that it still tasted rather lackluster. Maybe it was because I used boneless and skinless chicken, but I doubt skin juice and bone marrow would suddenly turn it Tandoori.
I really wanted to like this recipe. Sadly, it was just OK. It could be that the chicken only marinated 2 hours. Next time, I will marinate overnight and see the results.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)