A highly seasoned yogurt marinade tenderizes these chicken thighs. Baking them at an extremely high temperature simulates a tandoori clay oven, creating a deliciously caramelized surface.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned and trimmed of fat
- Stir together yogurt, onion and garlic in a shallow glass dish. Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it over a foil-covered baking sheet. Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Bake the chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the chicken (Step 1) overnight.
Per serving: 227 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 87 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 398 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (24% daily value), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient