A highly seasoned yogurt marinade tenderizes these chicken thighs. Baking them at an extremely high temperature simulates a tandoori clay oven, creating a deliciously caramelized surface.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned and trimmed of fat
- Stir together yogurt, onion and garlic in a shallow glass dish. Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it over a foil-covered baking sheet. Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Bake the chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the chicken (Step 1) overnight.
Per serving: 227 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 87 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 398 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (24% daily value), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient