A highly seasoned yogurt marinade tenderizes these chicken thighs. Baking them at an extremely high temperature simulates a tandoori clay oven, creating a deliciously caramelized surface.
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned and trimmed of fat
- Stir together yogurt, onion and garlic in a shallow glass dish. Add lemon juice, cilantro, paprika, cumin, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper, cinnamon and cloves. Add chicken and coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it over a foil-covered baking sheet. Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Bake the chicken until browned and no trace of pink remains in the center, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Marinate the chicken (Step 1) overnight.
Per serving: 227 calories; 10 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 87 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 27 g protein; 1 g fiber; 398 mg sodium; 224 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (24% daily value), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Main Ingredient