From EatingWell: May/June 2007
This garlicky tahini sauce is traditionally served with chicken kebabs, but we loved it with the beef kebabs as well.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- Mash garlic and salt in a medium bowl using the back of a spoon until a paste forms. Whisk in tahini, lemon juice and water.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Note: Tahini is a thick paste made from ground sesame seeds. Look for it in large supermarkets in the Middle Eastern section or near other nut butters.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 93 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 111 mg sodium; 88 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, savory
- Middle Eastern
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2007
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)