Swirled Raspberry Cream
Grand Marnier-infused raspberries are swirled into this rich-tasting—but low-fat—creamy dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Stir together 3/4 cup raspberries, sugar and Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the remaining 1 cup raspberries and water in a blender or food processor. Transfer the mixture to a fine strainer set over a bowl. Force the puree through the strainer with a rubber spatula, discarding the seeds.
- Return the puree to the blender or food processor. Add dry milk, sugar and cream cheese; blend until combined.
- Stir together lemon juice and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl; let soften for 1 minute. Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer. Place the cup or bowl of the gelatin mixture in the water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the gelatin mixture to the blender or processor and process until blended.
- Divide the raspberry cream among four 6-ounce custard cups or small bowls. Top each dish with one-fourth of the reserved raspberry-Grand Marnier mixture; gently swirl in with a teaspoon. Refrigerate until set, at least 10 minutes.
Per serving: 236 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (34% daily value), Calcium (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 milk, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation