Swirled Raspberry Cream
Grand Marnier-infused raspberries are swirled into this rich-tasting—but low-fat—creamy dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Stir together 3/4 cup raspberries, sugar and Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the remaining 1 cup raspberries and water in a blender or food processor. Transfer the mixture to a fine strainer set over a bowl. Force the puree through the strainer with a rubber spatula, discarding the seeds.
- Return the puree to the blender or food processor. Add dry milk, sugar and cream cheese; blend until combined.
- Stir together lemon juice and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl; let soften for 1 minute. Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer. Place the cup or bowl of the gelatin mixture in the water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the gelatin mixture to the blender or processor and process until blended.
- Divide the raspberry cream among four 6-ounce custard cups or small bowls. Top each dish with one-fourth of the reserved raspberry-Grand Marnier mixture; gently swirl in with a teaspoon. Refrigerate until set, at least 10 minutes.
Per serving: 236 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (34% daily value), Calcium (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 milk, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less