Swirled Raspberry Cream
Grand Marnier-infused raspberries are swirled into this rich-tasting—but low-fat—creamy dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Stir together 3/4 cup raspberries, sugar and Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the remaining 1 cup raspberries and water in a blender or food processor. Transfer the mixture to a fine strainer set over a bowl. Force the puree through the strainer with a rubber spatula, discarding the seeds.
- Return the puree to the blender or food processor. Add dry milk, sugar and cream cheese; blend until combined.
- Stir together lemon juice and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl; let soften for 1 minute. Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer. Place the cup or bowl of the gelatin mixture in the water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the gelatin mixture to the blender or processor and process until blended.
- Divide the raspberry cream among four 6-ounce custard cups or small bowls. Top each dish with one-fourth of the reserved raspberry-Grand Marnier mixture; gently swirl in with a teaspoon. Refrigerate until set, at least 10 minutes.
Per serving: 236 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (34% daily value), Calcium (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 milk, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less