Swirled Raspberry Cream
Grand Marnier-infused raspberries are swirled into this rich-tasting—but low-fat—creamy dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Stir together 3/4 cup raspberries, sugar and Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the remaining 1 cup raspberries and water in a blender or food processor. Transfer the mixture to a fine strainer set over a bowl. Force the puree through the strainer with a rubber spatula, discarding the seeds.
- Return the puree to the blender or food processor. Add dry milk, sugar and cream cheese; blend until combined.
- Stir together lemon juice and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl; let soften for 1 minute. Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer. Place the cup or bowl of the gelatin mixture in the water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the gelatin mixture to the blender or processor and process until blended.
- Divide the raspberry cream among four 6-ounce custard cups or small bowls. Top each dish with one-fourth of the reserved raspberry-Grand Marnier mixture; gently swirl in with a teaspoon. Refrigerate until set, at least 10 minutes.
Per serving: 236 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (34% daily value), Calcium (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 milk, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less