Swirled Raspberry Cream
Grand Marnier-infused raspberries are swirled into this rich-tasting—but low-fat—creamy dessert.
- 1 3/4 cups frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- Stir together 3/4 cup raspberries, sugar and Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur) in a small bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the remaining 1 cup raspberries and water in a blender or food processor. Transfer the mixture to a fine strainer set over a bowl. Force the puree through the strainer with a rubber spatula, discarding the seeds.
- Return the puree to the blender or food processor. Add dry milk, sugar and cream cheese; blend until combined.
- Stir together lemon juice and gelatin in a small heatproof cup or bowl; let soften for 1 minute. Bring a small skillet of water to a simmer. Place the cup or bowl of the gelatin mixture in the water and stir until the gelatin dissolves. Add the gelatin mixture to the blender or processor and process until blended.
- Divide the raspberry cream among four 6-ounce custard cups or small bowls. Top each dish with one-fourth of the reserved raspberry-Grand Marnier mixture; gently swirl in with a teaspoon. Refrigerate until set, at least 10 minutes.
Per serving: 236 calories; 6 g fat (3 g sat, 1 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 10 g protein; 3 g fiber; 168 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (34% daily value), Calcium (23% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 milk, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Ready in 30 minutes or less, these healthy spring recipes are...
Whether you’re making soup for an appetizer or a main-course...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Asparagus is high in folic acid and is a good source of...
Comfort foods are notoriously high in calories and saturated...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Spend less time in the kitchen; plug in your crock pot! Slow...
Healthy dinners that fit in one bowl are quick and convenient...
There's nothing better than a quick, easy and affordable...
Our low-calorie comfort food recipes are soothing, comforting...
Your slow cooker is the perfect tool to prepare an easy meal...
If you’re hoping to get a better night’s sleep, try adding...
Everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Celebrate this year...
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less