Sweet & Tangy Watermelon Salad
Looks like tomato—surprise, it's watermelon.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups diced seeded watermelon
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, toasted (see Tip) and coarsely chopped
- Stir together vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar almost dissolves. Add watermelon, cucumber and cilantro; toss gently to combine. Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast nuts:
- Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat. Add nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Per serving: 63 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 164 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique