The sauce was too tangy/sweet for me. Maybe it was too much rice vinegar. I felt that the sauce lacked a deep, rounded flavor. Was very disappointed with the sauce unfortunately.
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
These bite-size sweet-and-sour meatballs, drizzled with a pineapple- and soy-based sauce, make a great appetizer. Shredded carrot and finely diced pineapple keep the meatballs moist, while fresh ginger and Chinese five-spice powder amp up the flavor.
3 Reviews for Sweet-&-Sour Meatballs
my meatballs fell apart when baking. flavors were good, but i think i should have added some panko or put in freezer for a bit...it ended up being a big mess.
This was a great recipe. The meatballs had a lot of flavor without the sauce but with it, fabulous. I served the meatballs in the sauce with rice for dinner. Even my fussy daughter actually liked them (and she doesn't like turkey or pork). A keeper
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)