Sweet Ravioli (Ravioli Dolci)
From EatingWell: May/June 1993
Figs and chocolate fill these little cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 4 ounces dried figs, (8-9 figs)
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 1 teaspoon brandy
- 1/2 teaspoon anise extract
- To make dough: Stir together flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and put oil, butter, eggs and lemon zest in the well. Mix with a fork, incorporating flour from the sides, then knead with your hands until you have a smooth ball of dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- To make filling: Cover figs with water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook over low heat until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Pull off and discard woody stems. Chop the figs into a paste. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and stir in chocolate, brandy and anise.
- To form and bake ravioli: Set oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or line them with parchment paper. Roll half of the dough on a well-floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 inch (thinner if you can). Cut out rounds with a 2 1/2-inch diameter cookie cutter. Place about 1/2 teaspoon filling just off the center of each round. Bring the edges together and press lightly with tines of a fork to seal. Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheets and bake 1 sheet at a time until light golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the ravioli to racks and let cool.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Per cookie: 69 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 13 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 37 mg sodium; 38 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 1993