Delicious and easy. I served with a small house salad and it was the perfect weeknight meal. The whole thing took ten minutes start to finish. This would also make an easy lunch.
Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Salad
For a satisfying last-minute supper, it's hard to beat a sweet potato zapped in the microwave. The fragrant filling of beans and tomatoes adds protein. Be sure to eat the skin, which is full of fiber, as well.
41 Reviews for Sweet Potatoes with Warm Black Bean Salad
This was delicious! I loved it. My boyfriend liked it too. He said it was interesting but really good. I thought it was fantastic! PLUS, it's super filling for those of us trying to count our calories.
I used curry powder instead of cardamon and 1/3 of a can of tomatoes instead of fresh. It was really tasty. My son had some of the leftover bean mixture pureed and used it as a dip for corn chips.
I'm glad I have some leftovers for tonight!
This was so yummy and easy. I peeled, cubed and boiled my sweet potato instead of nuking it, then just put everything in a pan, except the sour cream, to heat together. My one year old thought it was pretty good too and the cubed pieces made it easier to eat without too much of a mess. I will make this again,and if I have time, roasting the sweet potato in the oven would probably make it tastier.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)